The Greensboro Chinese Association (GCA) is a nonprofit organization established in 1986. It is organized exclusively for cultural, charitable and educational purposes, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954. Currently, GCA has more than 300 members who mainly came from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and other Asian countries. GCA is supported and funded by member donations, local and state government grants, and corporation funds. The objectives of GCA are:
- To promote the value of traditional Chinese culture;
- To advance the rights and privileges of the members and the people of Chinese descent;
- To foster a closer relationship among the members and between people of Chinese descent and the local community;
- To establish a Chinese school for Chinese language instruction;
- To provide assistance to any newcomers of Chinese descent to the Greensboro area.